Welcome to the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC) Local Union 1 Minnesota/North Dakota website.
The Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC) Local Union 1 Minnesota/North Dakota represents craftworkers in the trowel trades throughout Minnesota and North Dakota. Our more than 3,500 members provide quality craftsmanship as:
Bricklayers and Blocklayers
Tile Layers and Tile Finishers
Concrete Products Specialists
Marble Shopworkers and Materials Handlers
BAC Local 1 MN/ND was chartered in 2004 by the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (IUBAC). The oldest charter was granted to St. Paul, Minnesota in 1882. Founded in 1865, IUBAC is one of the oldest, most respected and highly skilled trade unions in the United States and Canada.
Today’s BAC members are carrying on this proud tradition of craft excellence and union solidarity started by our founders. With our steadfast focus on fair wages, exceptional benefits, safe working conditions and teamwork coupled with our enduring commitment to exceptional workmanship, we will remain the industry leader for decades to come.
This website will help you discover more about the crafts, provide access to our quarterly newsletter
and learn about our training programs. Just click on any of the items on the left to access specific
information, or on “Links” to reach related organizations. If you don’t find what you want, just click
“Contact Us” to send us an email. If there is something you’d like to see here, please let us know.
Michael J. Cook
Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers
Local Union 1 Minnesota/North Dakota
- Beginning January 1, 2016 the Fund will move from Medica's LaborCare Network to Health Partners as the preferred medical provider network for the Fund.
We expect that this transition to Health Partners will be smooth and seamless. There will be a series of Health Care Meetings taking place in the upcoming months,
please see the list of meetings below. These meeting dates are subject to change so please check the website or contact the office (612) 379-2966 for updates.
1. Metro Area - Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 7:00 pm / Radisson Roseville
2. Duluth Area - Friday, October 9, 2015 at 6:00 pm / Holiday Inn, in conjunction with Gold Card dinner
3. Iron Range Area - Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm / Valentini's, in conjunction with Gold Card dinner
4. Fargo Area - Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 7:00 pm / VFW
5. Bemidji Area - Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 7:00 pm / Bemidji Elks Club
6. Rochester Area - Monday, September 21, 2015 at 7:00 pm / Eagles Club
7. Faribault Area - Monday, November 2, 2015 at 7:00 pm / Faribault Eagles Club, in conjunction with the Bean Feed
8. Central Minnesota / St. Cloud Area - Wednesday November 4, 2015 at 7:00 pm / St. Cloud Labor Home
9. Mankato Area - Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 7:00 pm / Mankato Eagles Club
Members and Spouses are strongly encouraged to attend the above meetings
- Senior Care Navigation
In collaboration with the Advanced Advisor Group (AAG) and ELS, the Senior Care Navigation program provide by Lifesprk is an easy-to-use 24/7 personal concierge service for all senior care needs and issues. BAC members and their families can access a broad range of proactive support and planning as well as navigation, connection to reliable resources and advocacy, all from a single phone call. Lifesprk can help with a wide variety of situations, ranging from people who want to proactively plan to avoid health crises to those who are in the midst of a health care crisis right now. With a mission to spark lives, this service offers members and their families, including grandparents, free navigation support and then depending on each person’s individual situation, additional reliable services such as home care. The free service enables members’ health care dollars to go further, and is available to all members wherever they call home. To access the navigation service, call toll-free 855-345-3317 or sign-up online for ongoing support at www.lifesprk.com/AAG
NOTE: Advanced Advisor Group and ELS are separate entities under common control and are not affiliated with Lifesprk or BAC.
- Employers – Health Fund Enrollment Guide and Enrollment Form
The Affordable Health Care Act (ACA) has established many new rules that are being implemented by the BAC Health Plan for 2015. Included in the new rules will be a shorter waiting period for coverage. Employees will be eligible for coverage with less qualifying hours than have been needed in previous years. Because employees will become eligible sooner, we must get them enrolled at the administrator, Zenith-American Solutions, as soon as possible after employment begins.
Click here for the Enrollment Guide for New Employees.
Click here for the 2015 Enrollment Form for New Employees.
- View the available 2015 Wage Addendums Click Here